Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pregnancy.

So I'm glad THAT is over.  I can say with every part of my being that I dislike being pregnant.  I dislike the unknowing if your child is really doing okay inside; I dislike gaining 100 lbs; I dislike not being able to do the things that I normally do... and etc.  Now in reality I did not gain 100 lbs, but not being able to cut the grass and stand on ladders really did annoy me a little bit.  I suppose that I don't like limitations with my body and pregnancy does inhibit your activities.

 But the thought of not having more children does make me sad.  And it's not that I physically can't have more children, but rather that I should probably refrain.  There are conflicting studies about long-term maternal side affects of ICP.  Most studies show that there is some risk of liver damage, however minimal... and having to go through that again with two children seems much too overwhelming right now.  Of course it was only for about two months that I was absolutely miserable...

2 comments:

  1. In my mind, I have this goal to have two kids through my own pregnancies, then one adoption. We planned on adoption way back when we were dating, and I’m still hoping to do it someday! :)

    And I totally feel ya on the pregnancy part. I’m not exactly looking forward to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what was worse for me, pregnancy or potty training (which I found exasperating). A friend of mine, had ICP for three pregnancies, I think. At least two.

    ReplyDelete